Creating a blog can be done in a few simple steps. Once you have your blog up and running, it’s time to start creating content and uploading that content. But, do you know how to do that? If you hired a WordPress consultant to set up your blog, did they teach you how to create blog posts moving forward? If not, here is a step by step guide on how to create a WordPress blog post.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the Posts tab on the left hand side
- Click “Add New”
- Create a Title in the top Title section
- Create the content of the blog post in the body section.
- On the right hand side under “Category”, select the category that most matches the subject of the post.
- (If you haven’t installed the All in One SEO plugin yet, please do so now). At the very bottom is the “All in One SEO Pack” This is where you need to upload the SEO meta data
- Under Title, Use the same title that you used up above
- In the Description text box, create a short description of the blog post that is between 160-175 characters.
- In the keywords text box, insert several keywords that describe the blog post. Separate each word with a comma.
- Once this is all complete, scroll to the top. On the right hand side click “Publish”
- Once you click publish, your blog post will now show up at the top, in chronological order, on the blog page or home page, depending on how your template is set up.
For more information on how to create a page, please visit WordPress.org’s FAQ community – http://codex.wordpress.org/Writing_Posts